Thursday 3 September 2015

THE WAY I LIKE IT (Short story for school prioject)

                THE WAY I LIKE IT

  (I wrote this for my English Project.The two lines were given. The rest is purely out of my  crazy imagination.) 

                   Nitin awoke one night from a deep slumber after hearing some sound. When he looked around, there was pitch darkness, but there was a dim ray of light from above. He was amazed to see what he saw.........................................He saw a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge ! (the phone that every kid in school has dreamt of having) floating in thin air !! He noticed that the phone was ringing. Suddenly something glorious happened. The S6 Edge slowly decended onto Nitin's unworthy hands. He read :
    


"God ?" Nitin asked himself.
Out  of curiosity Nitin swiped his fingers over the screen to attend the call.
"Hello! who am I speaking to ?" Nitin asked.
"Hello Nitin,"the voice replied,"I am your GOD!!"
"God ??"Nitin asked.
"Exactly God the creator!"
"But you couldn't be God!"
"Why not??"asked the voice.
"Because..............."Nitin replied,".......God dosen't call through VIBER!!"
"Well.......,"said the voice,"this VIBER is free and easy.Regular SIM calling is double the amount 
  from heaven that from......................,"
"Prove it!"Nitin asked.
"Prove what?"
"Prove that you are GOD."
"How do I do that?"the voice asked.
"Well................make something float."Nitin replied.
"But I made that damn costly Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge float right above your head!!"
"It was a trick! Make something else float."
 "Are you asking me to break the same laws of physics which I created??"the voice asked.
"Newton created the laws of ........................"
"Newton!!.........."the voice interrupted,"didn't create anything,he just discovered my laws and took all   the credit and that's not at all FAIR!!"
"No one is fair!"replied Nitin.
"What?"
"I had a fight with my father,he was angry at me for scoring less marks in Hindi.I got angry and  slammed my door.I didn't even eat before I started sleeping.It is not Fair that he expects me to get  good marks in a subject that I don't like."Nitin replied.
"Can you guess what might your father e doing right now?"
"I don't know!"said Nitin,"He must be sleeping after his heavy dinner."
"He's crying!!"
"For what?"
"He's crying over his own son who slammed the door on him! Was that fair? And for your notice he didn't eat! He was thinking about you that his lost his appetite! Why can't you see that ? Was that fair what he did to himself for what you have done ??"
"No, its my fault,I'm sorry."said Nitin.
"So now you know the right thing which you should have done and 
  the right thing you are going to do ??"
"Yes."replied Nitin.
"Then do the right thing!"said the voice as the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge disappeared from Nitin's    hands.

Nitin got up and went to his dad's room. He saw his dad sitting.
He ran to his dad and gave him a big hug.
He said,"I'm sorry."

From Nitin's experience, we can learn two things -
                                    1. Don't shut any doors, for doors are the gateways to new possibilities.
                                    2. Never forget that you have an all forgiving and all seeing Father above you.

                                   
  



No comments:

Post a Comment